Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,911   Posts: 1,584,678   Online: 795

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 26789101112
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    -^-
    Agree 100%.
    I like the Bessa, I like the Zeiss Ikon a bit better, I like my Nikon S2. I love my Leica. I have many antique cameras, none of which shoots pictures with more than novelty quality except the Leicas. I've got an 1,100,000+ M3 and people are shocked when I tell the it's a year older than I am.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It's done! I am now the proud owner of an M6 TTL + 50mm F2 Summicron.

As soon as I manage to sell some more stuff I'll pick up the 35mm Nocton as well.
    I have a photo blog ... and a Flickr ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Congrats Hugh - I own the same camera/lens, and am very very pleased with it. Hard to see it fitting in with your original requirements about pocketability, but what the heck, it is a brilliant piece of machinery. Did you get the black or the grey version?

happy shooting!
    S°ren

"We are much more likely to act our way into a new way of thinking than think our way into a new way of acting." - R. Pascale

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kvistgaard View Post
    Hard to see it fitting in with your original requirements about pocketability, ....
    I know! I actually tried fitting it in my jacket pocket today and it kind of just about did, with the lens hood off. As has been suggested already, I'll just choose clothes with bigger pockets in future.

Quote Originally Posted by Kvistgaard View Post
    Did you get the black or the grey version?

happy shooting!
    Black. It's in really good condition too.
    I have a photo blog ... and a Flickr ...

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Harrison View Post
    Remember, this is a fixed cost expense. Your going to "spend" a lot of time behind this viewfinder/camera... now's not the time to be tight with the initial cost, think how little an hour the real cost is going to be, over the time you and this beautiful body will be intimate... what's going to snag the best image is what counts. Bill
    Words of wisdom.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Great news. Sounds like you got a great deal! How do you like it now, two months later?

I was in your position not too long ago. I had been considering all the RF options in my budget and had sort of settled on the idea of the Bessa R3M kit (with 50/2 Heliar) and an R4M and wides to come later but around the same time I found a private local seller offering an M6 Panda with 35mm Summicron pre-ASPH IV for a song so I jumped on it instead. While I had been leaning towards the Bessas pretty heavily, I still wanted a Leica eventually so I thought it the better buy.

To paraphrase what elekm said back on page 2: There's no reason to get another camera if a Leica is what you truly seek.

I then started looking for a 50mm. I had a Summicron for a while and found a nice pre-ASPH Summilux that was much better shooting in dim clubs. I think my next step is an R4M with some wides followed by some more Leica bodies and glass. I'd really like to get a IIIf or IIIg, some older M's like the M2/M3/M4 and a tele (or both 75/90).

Happy shooting!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I know people who have bought a Canon P and Canon 35mm f/2, not liked them and replaced with a M7 and 5cm type IV cron.

But I'm happy with the Canon, given the outlay is about 50%, and I cannot see any difference.

The P is noisier but is quicker at reloading, just as comfy to hand and the lens flares less, - I do have an M as well, when I'm street shooting in an iffy area I use a Canon.

Noel

Shooter
    35mm
    I hear ya. Sold my M6 and now use my Canon P. Hopefully there's a Serenar 50/1.8 v.1 waiting for me when I get home tonight.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 26789101112

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin