Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,665   Posts: 1,481,689   Online: 730

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Leica 111G Canadian or not?

I have picked up a nice Lieca 111G at work, but I can't work out it's pedigree.
    Going by the Leica serial numbers posted on the web, it's an ELC of which only 400 were manufactured, but the top plate states 'Leitz Wetzlar Germany'. Are the Canadian cameras more valuable? I'm no Leica expert, but I once sold a Canon NS and was amazed by its enormous value. :o
    Last edited by razzledog; 03-07-2009 at 03:45 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Quote Originally Posted by razzledog View Post
    I have picked up a nice Lieca 111G at work, but I can't work out it's pedigree.
    Going by the Leica serial numbers posted on the web, it's an ELC of which only 400 were manufactured, but the top plate states 'Leitz Wetzlar Germany'. Are the Canadian cameras more valuable? I'm no Leica expert, but I once sold a Canon NS and was amazed by its enormous value. :o
    A batch of IIIgs were assembled at the Midland plant but the components were brought over from germany
    Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry guys....it was actually a 'Leica' not a Lieca....would the serial number help shed light on it?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin