Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,522   Posts: 1,543,803   Online: 762

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    [/QUOTE]Hope you sort it out,
    Steve.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Its going back tomorrow, then we'll see.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Galah View Post
    Thanks all for responding.
    Steve (SG),

I'm in Oz. Fluto Camera Repairs sounds to be very good, but I need someone in Oz. Does anyone know of a suitable repairer in OZ, please?
    Steve, try Bruno Schicht, 2 Oak St, Normanhurst, Sydney NSW 2076.
    Ph 02 9484-5212.
    He's retired but was Voigtlander's German-trained service manager out here in the 50's and 60's and knows the range well. He's CLA'd a couple of Bessa I's Perkeo II and a Vitessa L that I have and all work perfectly (which wasn't necessarily the case before he got to them). He continued working under Zeiss when they took over Voigtlander. His charges are modest but he does lead a pretty full life so he might take a week or two.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Leigh Youdale View Post
    Steve, try Bruno Schicht, 2 Oak St, Normanhurst, Sydney NSW 2076.
    Ph 02 9484-5212.
    Dear Leigh,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. I'll give him a call.

Thanks again.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Update

Hope you sort it out,
    Steve.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Its going back tomorrow, then we'll see.[/QUOTE]

OK, we've had a further consultation, and the patient is awaiting surgery.

The outcome hould be known in a week (or so).

Shooter
    Multi Format

Vito II update

Quote Originally Posted by Galah View Post
    Hope you sort it out,
    Steve.
    [/QUOTE] Thanks. Its going back tomorrow, then we'll see.[/QUOTE]

OK, we've had a further consultation, and the patient is awaiting surgery.

The outcome should be known in a week (or so).[/QUOTE]

Ah well, if its good, its worth waiting for!

It has taken more than a week and more than one "consultation/surgery", but the patient is convalescing now and ready for a meal of Fuji ISO 100 Superia, which I haven't had time to give it yet.

the problems included a faulty "interlock" spring and further sticking of the shutter (this time at the shorter exposures).

However, all that appears to be fixed and we just need to try another film throuhg it to make sure. Fingers crossed.

I must say that my repairman displayed a most professional attitude throughout: although I -several times, and seriously- offered extra payment for the unexpected extra time and effort taken on his part, he wouldn't hear of it and continued to work on my little VitoII, to the end, without extra charge.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    OK, the film has come back fronm the processor's and I am very satisfied with the outcome: everything appears to be working well: exposure and focusing all in order.

I simply used hyperfocal distance focusing and was simply amazed at the sharpness of the prints.

More than happy!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'd just like to mention that Bruno did fantastic work on repair and CLA on three of my Voigtlander folders - a Bessa 1, a Perkeo II and a Vitessa L. He just loves those cameras!
    After Zeiss bought out Voigtlander he stayed on as service manager for Zeiss as well, so anyone in Australia needing Voigtlander or Zeiss service would do well to contact him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin