Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,480   Posts: 1,571,140   Online: 1155

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thank you very much for your words and thoughts!

I will go to the ship the next week again and I hope to take more photos... it will be my second time in the ship and now, I know the people, the ship, theire work a bit more!

Sionnac, I don't know this book but I will try to find information on internet about it. Thanks!

mferrarini, I had big problems with the exposures. It was night when they were working and I had only their artificial light, so I had very high contrast scenes. Until now, I worked with an Olympus E-3 DSLR and I was used to use "Puntual" exposure system (no matricial or central) and in the Zeiss Ikon I only have a central pondered exposure system. It has been dificult to me exposure well. I was all the time thinking on how to exposure well. Every time in manual mode, I didn't use "A" mode.

There were some moments where I needed a 35mm focal lens but I didn't have one, so I have bought an 35mm 2.0 for my next "try". I will be able to be nearer in some situations (I hope so) with a bit more of "depth of fild".

Excuse me because of my bad english and thank you very much again.

phc
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Good work Shab - congratulations. Night photography can be tricky to get used to, but is very rewarding when you do. Those lights certainly do give a lot of contrast. Try using a very fast film (I usually chose TMZ) and look for pictures in the areas that are out of the direct light from the floodlamps.

Fishermen always make great subjects:

Cangas, Galicia, Spain. December 2002.
    Two fishermen discuss their livelihoods after their fishing grounds have been closed due to oil contamination.

Here's a night time pic using ambient artificial light:

Fiestas Patronal, Xaló, Spain. August 2008.

Cheers, Paul.
    paulhardycarter.com <<< Pictures and blog.
    twitter <<< My twitter feed.

Shooter
    35mm
    Excellent work in all three images. Show us more when you're ready.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wow, fantastic work OP, well done!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    how did you figure out the metering? and what was the film used? sorry if I missed this in an earlier post. I read through and didn't see it. Great work!

EDIT
    never mind the film, I found it. I'm also guessing you guestimated the exposure.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shab View Post
    Thank you very much for your words and thoughts!

Excuse me because of my bad english and thank you very much again.
    We love your english and your work is VERY promising. Keep it up and dig deeper and deeper into your subject.

I think you have a good subject and a good eye.

Someday I would love to visit French Basque country. i can taste that fresh seafood.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The past week I went to the ship one night more. There were more see (2-3 meters) and a lot of wind. I had a bad moment in my body (I was a bit ill because of ship movement in this sea...) but I have some photos to develop... the next week (in some days) I will go to the ship again... it's true: the sea is going inside myself!! I hope I will bring here more photos for you.

Thank you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin