Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,476   Posts: 1,542,648   Online: 808

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Olympus Trip 35 - Samples

Resent I shoot a roll using Olympus Trip 35. 101% Point & Shoot. I was expecting nothing so the quality was really a nice surprise.

Samples:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not too shabby at all!

I quite like 3, 5 & 7 - What film did you throw through?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Excellant shots, looks like you got great deal!

Jeff

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The designation D: Zuiko indicates it is a four-element lens; probably a Tessar formula.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I had the same experience with my first roll of a Oly Trip.
    Excellent pictures !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahnet View Post
    Resent I shoot a roll using Olympus Trip 35. 101% Point & Shoot. I was expecting nothing so the quality was really a nice surprise.
    Dear Lahnet,

Excellent shots!

The Olympus Trip 35 is a great little camera and can be relied on to produce sharp (as long as you remember to zone-focus first ), well-exposed shots (even at the beach on a sunny day or contra-jour). The only problem I have had is flare off the little UV filter that comes with the camera. It's fine if you somehow wrangle to have the lens in the shade while taking the shot.

I have two of these (Aus$8-00 each): an earlier model (with silver metal shutter button) and a later ( with a black plastic shutter button). Both give excellent results. I have had the little strip of light seal adjacent to the film compartment door hinge professionally replaced (Aus $10-00) on the older model, as it was becoming sticky (though still operating OK as a light seal).

I believe some 10 million were made and sold and the IQ is simply amazing .

For casual shooting, you hardly need anything else!

BTW, check out this link:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum65/5...trip-35-a.html

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I ran a roll of kodachrome 64 through mine and it nailed the exposure. I was quite surprised at how good the slides looked. I just noticed that the viewfinder allows you to view the focus/aperture setting without looking away from the finder itself. I always like these ingenious inventions

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for all comments, links, stories ect. Nice to know there are others who loves this little babe.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Trip is a great camera. I've got one in very good condition. Tripman.co.uk is a good source for all sorts of accessories for your Trip.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    My father had a trip 35. He always shot agfa slides; most of them are nicely exposed, except some made in difficult light conditions, specially dim lighting.
    The tessar formula seems to be sharp. Ken Rockwell compared the Trip 35 to a D* EOS 5D with expensive glass. The trip lens is a bit sharper and without chromatic aberration in the corners!
    http://www.kenrockwell.com/olympus/trip-35.htm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin