Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,220   Online: 668

Thread: Minolta-P

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Minolta-P

Anyone had experience with this little camera? Just got hold of one, nice and clean and very usable.....

wayne

(That should be MINOLTINA-P, sorry, silly mistake)
    Last edited by wayne naughton; 04-10-2009 at 02:20 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: very silly error

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I ran a roll of film through mine yesterday, I had to go into town for a hospital visit. I took an earlier train and spent an hour prior taking shots, I'll be developing the film on Saturday.

I also ran a roll through last week and developed it, I'll be doing the contact sheets on Sunday, enlargements may happen after that.

Yes, a very sweet camera, mine has the original leather case. There is also a small ding in the top on one side, doesn't affect it though.

I like the range click stop settings for single portraiture, group portraiture, reasonable distance portraiture then infinity. Check that feature out as it makes the camera very quick and easy to use, especially when you cannot see the settings due to eyesight problems.

Does your meter work? Mine does and through empirical fiddling I figured that 50 ASA settings give me a very good exposure for 100/125 ASA film. Normally I use 80 ASA with my other cameras, but the Minoltina P meter is just slightly different. Not too bad for a 45-50 year old camera.

Mick.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    All the movements seem nice and slick and i guess i won't know how accurate the meter is until I use it. The needles are moving freely tho. I like the feel of the camera, Mick, it's got a bit of weight for a smallish camera. Seals have been replaced, pressure plate's nice and firm, should work fine. Let us know what sort of images you've got if you can, would be much appreciated. and thanks for the exposure tips,i i'll run some xp2 through it in the next week or two and see how it goes.

wayne

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I have one of these, but I have to overhaul it before I can use it. The distance scale has come loose and is flopping about. And as expected, the foam seals must be replaced. I also think that the meter needs some attention.

Regarding its design, I think Minolta created a very cool camera. Slim, not too wide and a lens that barely protrudes from the front of the camera.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin