Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,908   Posts: 1,584,654   Online: 849

Shooter
    35mm

Leica Lenses with non-leica bodies

Hi,

I tried this with Hexar and ran into the alignment issue. I wasn't sure if the problem was caused the camera itself or, it seems to be a known issue that the alignment systems don't compatible with each other.

I am wondering if this is also true to other systems -- like the Zeiss Ikon and Bessa systems. I used Original Leica LTM on the R and it seemed working fine. Not sure the M systems. I try to find some official confirmation from Zeiss or Bessa... but no luck...

Are there any guys here tried these combination? can you share the info.. thanks....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have used Leica lenses on my Hexar RF and CV RF with no issues. I have also used Hexar, CV and ZL lenses on my Leicas with no problems. FWIW the CV lenses are both M mount and LTM with adapters.

Best regards,

Bob
    Best regards,

Bob
    CEO-CFO-EIEIO, Ret.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's not something I ever heard mentioned as a problem during all my research before buying a Bessa R2A, nor has it been a problem since. Apparently the compatibility is pretty much perfect.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    35mm
    Why are you guys making your life so complicated?
    Just get a good deal Leica body on ebay (prices are very low nowadays) and you won't run into any problems. Leica lens with Leica body and Basta!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin