Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,902   Posts: 1,521,137   Online: 1059

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Multiple exposure rf

Is there any 35mm rangfinder offering decent multiple exposure? I'm not interested in "push the rewind relase, hold carefully hold rewind crank and it will work ok most of the time if you practice a lot" kind of thing. I'm looking for something that simply works as in Mamiya 7II

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Years ago I had a Ricoh I dont recall the model but I do recall the little switch and doing some multix's. My step son took it when he moved out some 25 years ago, I had given it to him as a graduation gift, I wish I still had it,Ireplaced it with an Oly XA which I still own. The Oly is slightly smaller and has wonderful optics, but I think I would have preferred to keep the Ricoh.
    Rick

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The Contax G2 has a multi-exposure setting, which is just turning the motor drive options knob. I forget if you have a custom function for it that will let you set how many multiple exposures you can do, or if you just leave it in the multi-exposure mode until you are ready to take the next individual frame.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Any rangefinder on which the film advance does not cock the shutter, and on which the shutter release does not engage an interlock to keep you from shooting until the film has been advanced. A lot of old, lower-end rangefinders will probably allow it. It has been a while since I used mine, but I believe the Argus C-3 allows it. I also think you can fudge it on a Retina by cocking and releasing the shutter directly. (Mine is a IIa.) I can check both of these for sure for you later if you would like.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 04-26-2009 at 11:35 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Kodak Signet 35

Shooter
    Medium Format
    An Argus C3 does allow this...but it sure ain't the best rangefinder in the world. Unfortunately the C33, which has a much, much better rangefinder, doesn't.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Not a rangfinder but the Minolta SRT 102 could make multiple exposures with perfect registration. It was an improvement over the 101, you only needed to press the rewind release, reset the shutter, and nothing more. I owned one and remember that it was one of the advertised features.
    "Pictures are not incidental frills to a text; they are essences of our distinctive way of knowing." Stephen J. Gould

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I talked to my son, and he says its a Ricoh 500G He still shoots it on a regular basis and says he prefers it to his Canon F-1---He lives at a ski resort in Utah and carries it in his pocke most days.
    Rick

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Some (but not all) rangefinders with leaf shutters can be retensioned and released numerous times. Others don't permit that.

As someone here stated, some of the early Retinas allow this. It seems that you could do this with the Leica LTM cameras and the early Nikon rangefinders by turning the shutter speed dial. I haven't tried this, so I'm just speculating.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The shutter is tensioned by the film advance on the LTM's
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin