Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,897   Posts: 1,584,334   Online: 849

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    BobD am here in so.Cal,do you know of anyone that works on them?

Mike

Shooter
    35mm
    Any camera repair person who knows how to fix film cameras should be able to fix one Mike, my local guy has repaired two of mine now, he even swapped over the rangefinder from a IId i had into the Cita (original Cita, not the III) i was having fixed, only cost me £25 for the shutter repair and rangefinder fix, and only £10 for the IId on ebay.

The King rangefinders I own are a RM, Cita, LE and IIId, i did own a Cita III and a IId (weird uncoupled rangefinder model). Out of all of them the LE is probably the nicest to use, it's the only fixed lens rangefinder King with the focus ring on the front of the lens, also has bright frame lines in the viewfinder, not bad looking either. The IIId is next because the focus ring is on the front of the lens as well, although the camera is quite heavy, it does share a fair amount of the other problems of the Cita III though, still worth a go if you can find one cheap enough, i was lucky and got mine for £20 on eBay. After that the Cita then the RM, the RM is best on paper and is certainly a very capable camera but i just prefer the others for some reason. The Cita does have a body hugging focus ring but it's much smoother than ones on the Cita III and RM, it's also probably the prettiest of all King cameras.

Haven't used any of my King's for a few months now, though i'm going to put a roll through the Olympia Auto-Set II i have in the cupboard when i get the chance; it's the only King i own with a coupled light meter, it's a fully auto camera as well, it picks the aperture and shutter speed for you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Morinaka,my RM is a user too but offend takes me about 20 or 30 frames before I can really coordinate with the camera.After that its pretty fun using a 50"s type camera,keeps you on your toes.

Mike

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by mike c View Post
    BobD am here in so.Cal,do you know of anyone that works on them?

Mike
    Yes, Ken Ruth works on them. He is in California too (cameras can be mailed to him @ minimal cost).

See:
    http://www.baldmtn.com/AINFOSHT2.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks BobD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin