Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,721   Online: 1036

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by elekm View Post
    For a while the Olympus 35 RC was the "it" camera. With auto or manual exposure, a decent lens and a pocketable size, everyone seemed to want one and the prices jumped.
    I bought one a couple of years back for about $30-35. At the time I was looking for the 35 RD but couldn't justify the expense. They were selling around the $150 mark on Ebay.

I still don't have an RD!

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

GIIIx

I bought oneof these things new back in the late 70s, when I saw that I was going to be traveling a great deal on business and wanted a good camera to have with me that wouldn't break me if it was lost or stolen. It was a very nice little camera and took a log of good pictures. But they were simply not made as solidly as a Canon, and in time it frankly wore out.

It will still tke pictures. I expect most of them will. But the rangefinder is out of alignment, the lent mount is loose fromt eh body, and in general all the tolerances are now so sloppy that it's not dependable for taking the sharp negatives it did when it was in it's prome. I expect that could be said about just about every one of these cameras still in existence.

After I wore my first one out, I tried picking up a few used ones. this was back when used ones could be had all day for $10-$20. Every single one I tried was worn out in the exact same way mine was. Still functioned. Still looked god. just not accurate any more. And not wotth what it could cost to make then accurate again.

and I've no doubt those are what are lessing for $175 now.

Thanks for lettingme know. I'll put my old clunker up for sale.

One thing about this camera...it never really becamea camera that I loved no matter how much I used it. I liked the les a lot; 40mm 1.7 if I recall correctly. but it never really felt substantial.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I agree that it's way too high!

I've noticed that the Commie cameras are no longer running for around ten bucks, they're steady at $40+. I've seen Argus C3s in mediocre condition at $80+, and just the other day a Yashica Electro 35 GSN complete with that useless lens set starting at $99! I mean, I adore my GSN, but a hundred bucks?!

eBay - or its denizens, rather - has clearly lost its mind.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinbox View Post
    and just the other day a Yashica Electro 35 GSN complete with that useless lens set starting at $99! I mean, I adore my GSN, but a hundred bucks?!

eBay - or its denizens, rather - has clearly lost its mind.
    Those useless accessory lens sets tend to go for $50-70 by themselves.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by dougjgreen View Post
    Those useless accessory lens sets tend to go for $50-70 by themselves.
    I know, right? Which seems silly to me, considering what they are. I love my Yashica lenses, but they're certainly awkward to use.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I sold a black GSN 5 years ago on ebay for 450 AUD- Back in those days that was around 400USD- camera came complete, mint, with both accesory lenses and special finder attachment...

I don't see any sudden price rises...

Shooter
    35mm
    If they are in very good cosmetic condition (i.e. recently serviced) they are worth as much as $100 (to me at least). Most of the $30 units need some work.

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Film use is on the rise (I've been saying this for a while now honestly). This is directly in our benefit of course - but has collateral damage to us as well. This is one reason I've been stocking up on *film* itself for the last year (probably 3000 rolls or so) as a long-term investment in use.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin