Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,906   Online: 940

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by IloveTLRs View Post
    I've worked at a few factories here in Japan. Just because something was made here doesn't mean it's high quality.
    So true. And many factories in Japan have so many foreign workers working at the 3rd world wages!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by budrichard View Post
    I never Posted anything about quality or questioned the quality of the M7/MP but only whether the "Made in Germany" on the camera is correct.
    I think that 'made' and 'manufactured' are quite distinct in product laws.

'Made' can mean assembled, but 'manufactured' means produced.

I used to work for a car parts factory that sourced all its products from overseas but put them in "made in the UK" boxes as there was a minimal amount of assembly done in the UK.

So, for Leica, it may be "manufactured in Portugal" and "made in Germany".
    Last edited by perkeleellinen; 05-07-2009 at 04:42 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: it's - its

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    But would it neccesssarily matter for the quality in which country something is manufactured?
    For many individuals, the country of origin has a direct effect on their perception of quality.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by David Brown View Post
    For many individuals, the country of origin has a direct effect on their perception of quality.
    And that indeed is the ultimate direction of my original question!-Dick

Shooter
    Medium Format
    This thread has oodles of bigotry seeping at the seams and between the lines. Wonderful species we are.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by budrichard View Post
    And that indeed is the ultimate direction of my original question!-Dick
    Generally speaking, in Japan, people tend to get obsessed with anything that says "German." I think it has a lot to do with Japan's pre-WW2 history...

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by firecracker View Post
    Generally speaking, in Japan, people tend to get obsessed with anything that says "German." I think it has a lot to do with Japan's pre-WW2 history...
    idiocy .. it is about quality, design

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin