Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,730   Posts: 1,515,255   Online: 816

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Leicas and rain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just a tech. note:The Muji II is weather resistant.......not water proof.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The Muji II has seals in the battery chamber and in the film chamber. Anyone know of any more?
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've used my Leica iii in light snow, no problems.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    If you get water ingress and it gets unto internal oil or grease then you can have problems e.g. with the the frame selection mechanism in M models, or Shutter escapments ditto, etc., ...

My Canon VI has a selector problem, cats and dogs weather.

Condensation taking a cold camers into a 'steamy' coffee shop is not good for any camera, especially the electric ones.

And ingress or condensation in a multi element lens ditto.

Try a brolly

Noel

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by kavandje View Post
    I read somewhere that the new MPs are sealed. Whether that means that the lenses might also be sealed: Don't know.
    I have never heard that. I wonder to what degree they are sealed. And the new lenses certainly don't seem to have any rubber O-rings on the mount ala Canon L.

I have a friend who is definitely not guilty of babying his Leica M6. He walks around with it his under his arm - with his head and right arm through the strap. He would often get caught in the rain and his arm seemed to be enough to keep it out of harm's way. I was a bit worried as it does have some electronic bits but it never acted up.

I worry more about getting water in the lens than anything else.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin