Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,755   Posts: 1,515,993   Online: 886

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another Zorki?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by srs5694 View Post
    If I forget to pre-cut the film or take scissors, I might finish a roll and be unable to load another one for lack of scissors.
    One of the strengths, I suppose, of spooling your own film.

I foresee setting aside a few home-spooled rolls as 'Leica rolls' once my Leica IIIc is resuscitated, with a leader specifically cut.

But in this security-paranoid society I can see that the act of bringing a knife or scissors when out shooting could cause widespread panic, a code-red terror level alert, famine, pestilence, etc.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That's precisely why I think a Fed 2 (or 3) makes a better user than a Fed 1, and a Zorki 4 makes a better user than a Zorki 1. Less time, less fuss, less hassle.

Admittedly I'd like to own a bottom-loader, but I certainly won't depend on it as an everyday shooter.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin