Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,503   Posts: 1,543,422   Online: 853

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Nokton 50mm F1.1?

There is an interesting claim being made over at RFF that Cosina is about to announce an M mount 50mm F1.1 lens. Does anyone else have any factual information about this?

Shooter
    35mm
    It is official... Tom Abrahamsson photographed with the new CV Nokton 50mm f1.1 when he was in Japan in March. Pricing is around $1100USD but no word on delivery.

Here is a link to a set of photos taken by Tom A. with the new Nokton 50/1.1 - Voigtlander Nokton 50mm f1.1
    P. Lynn Miller
    Sydney, Australia

Photo of the day... week... whatever...

And I have one of those Flickr thingy's...

Shooter
    35mm
    Here is photo of the new Nokton 50mm f1.1 courtesy of Mainline Photographics -

And here is Scott's blog post -

New 50mm f1.1 Nokton M mount from Voigtlander!

Enjoy!
    P. Lynn Miller
    Sydney, Australia

Photo of the day... week... whatever...

And I have one of those Flickr thingy's...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Why oh why don't they do such things for SLRs.....Then again, maybe I am being greedy. How much faster is this than 1.2, really....and it is not THAT much cheaper than the Canon 1.2, and actually more expensive than the brand new Nikon 1.2.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 05-19-2009 at 08:15 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    Why oh why don't they do such things for SLRs.....Then again, maybe I am being greedy. How much faster is this than 1.2, really....and it is not THAT much cheaper than the Canon 1.2, and actually more expensive than the brand new Nikon 1.2.
    Isn't it a half stop or something?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    There is information (in Japanese) on Cosina's Web site, including a photo.

An interesting lens, but do you really need f/1.1? I suppose you do if you shoot a lot at night. Otherwise, this is about bragging rights, which means they should sell a lot of them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would definitely use f/1 a lot if I had it...but not with a rangefinder. The proplem is almost no D of F coupled with a rangefinder's focusing precision. That's why I say I wish it was an SLR lens instead.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    According to the Wikipedia article on f stops, this is 1/3 stop slower than an f/1.0 lens, and 1/3 stop faster than an f/1.2 lens. f/1.2 is also one of the numbers used for a half-stop progression, however, so it could only be 1/6 stop difference from the Nikon and Canon f/1.2 lenses.

As far as t stops, which are what really matters as far as how much light a lens can pass to the film, who knows.

For instance, the Canon EF 200mm f/2.0 IS passes 2/3 stop less light than the 200mm f/1.8, even though the f numbers say that the difference should only be 1/3 stop. The IS lens has more elements.
    2F/2F

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My thought progression went like this:
    "OH MY GOD I WANT ONE"
    "...why?"
    "maybe when the exchange rate is a bit better"

Certainly be a lot of fun though, it's on the wish list. And a good move on Voigtlander's part to challenge the noctilux's standing without having to re-mortgaging the house.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A properly adjusted rangefinder on a camera like an M3 will likely give you a sharper result than if you tried focusing an f/1 with an SLR. I use a Noct with an M3 all the time, and the focusing accuracy is no issue at all. I can't say the same thing when focusing wide open using even a 1.4 on my Nikon F2.

Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    I would definitely use f/1 a lot if I had it...but not with a rangefinder. The proplem is almost no D of F coupled with a rangefinder's focusing precision. That's why I say I wish it was an SLR lens instead.
    I just want to feel nostalgic like I used to.

http://www.clayharmon.net - turnip extraordinaire

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin