Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,043   Posts: 1,560,841   Online: 1154

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would jump at that in nanoseconds.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    Depends. What is the condition/worth of the M2. How bad do you want the D80 right now. In another year the D will drop in value more than the M2. In 5 years you can probably get several D80's in trade for the M2.

Only you can decide.
    Oops! Had a senior moment and thought your were trading for the D80. :o
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ditto what's said above about the M2 holding it's value in the future.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Let's put it this way. Right now, they are of similar value (dependent, of course, on the condition). But in a year from now, the D80 will be worth much less than the M2. Of course, you probably need to spend at least $200 more, and possibly as much as $400-$500 more for each lens that you will want for the M2. About the cheapest decent lens you could get for the M2 might be an LTM mount lens, which would need a $20-40 adapter to fit an M2. A good inexpensive choice would be a 50mm f2 Summitar, or any number of fine nearly new Voightlander LTM mount lenses.

But I gotta tell you, I personally sold almost all of my Leica-mount gear last year, and I haven't looked back. All I kept was a Bessa-T with a turret finder, and a 50mm Summitar. It's an amazingly retro outfit. Gone were the CLE, the Hexar RF, the Bessa-L, and a half dozen M-mount and LTM mount lenses. Pretty much the only film I shoot nowadays is medium format. But I kept the Konica Auto S2. It's 80% of the camera that a Leica M2 + a Summicron is, for roughly 5% of the cost.
    Last edited by dougjgreen; 06-06-2009 at 04:02 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    If the M2 is in good working/cosmetic condition I'd jump all over it. The D80's value is dropping like a rock but the M2's value is holding steady and at times is climbing..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin