Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,884   Posts: 1,520,550   Online: 935

Shooter
    35mm

Canonet QL25 - two questions

Hello!
    This Canonet QL25 does not cock the shutter: after winding the film lever, the film take-up spool moves as expected but when I press the shutter release just a faint click is heard and the shutter blades stay closed. This happens both with and without batteries. The diaphragm opens and closes as expected when I change apertures. Any sugestions for diagnosis and treatment?
    And a more basic question - as it is probable that I will need to go through this: how do I remove the top, especially the winding lever ??
    Thank you
    Joao

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The shutter is suffering from oily blades. It has been cocked and wants to release but the blades can't travel because they're stuck together by oil that has migrated into the shutter assembly over the years.
    Access will be through the front of the lens. It may be possible to flush clean it by removing the front group of the lens for access to the shutter blades.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    35mm
    John, thank you for your input. I've already found some instructions to do it - and I hope I don't have to searate the whole lens barrel from the camera body. Most of the instructions and tips concern other more known models, but I probably won't go wrong following them.
    Regards
    Joao

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I doubt that you will have to seperate the lens from body.
    Good Luck.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin