Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,524,014   Online: 884

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Yashica GSN Electro 35 veiwfinder?

how bright is the viewfinder/rangefinder on this camera? How does it compare to the Konica Auto S2?
    "Generalizations are made because they are generally true"
    Flicker http://www.flickr.com/photos/stradibarrius
    Barry
    Monroe, GA

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Out of all the rangefinders I've used I'd put it somewhere in the middle. It is not nearly as dim as say an Argus C3 but also not quite as good as my brand new Bessa R3A.

I would say it is perfectly useable.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's very good, I never had a problem when I used my sisters GSN Electro camera, or an older Yashica Minster that I still have.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    I have Leica M6 and two Yash 35, both Yashica's are bit dimmer than Leica, but I never had problem with focus even in pub shooting at 1000 ISO wide open

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I carry a GS as my "truck camera" and basically if you can shoot without a flash the range finder is just fine. If you are trying to shoot inside, I was taking pictures at a graduation recently and it was a bit hard to see but I've never had a problem. The GS is my favorite carry camera, you really can't go wrong with one at the price you can find them for, I paid $2 plus $7 for one that looks like it just came out of the box.
    looking for the battery cover for a early model Canonet QL 17, the round screw in kind.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have an Electro 35 CC and it is very bright - very nice small camera!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have a GT and the rf/vf is brighter than a FED and Zorki, dimmer than a Kiev and about the same as my recently cleaned Canonet. I'm hoping to have a Leica or Zeiss Ikon to compare it to very soon. =D

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin