Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,080   Online: 791

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Yashica Minister III

I just got this camera. Anybody with any experience on this camera?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, I have one. They are quite good cameras, decent sharp lenses, capable of high quality images. First time I saw one was when I was about 12 someone in my class had one, I was very jealous as all I had was my mothers old Brownie 127

Yashica always made decent cameras mechanically sound, reliable but not always the sleekest looking.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Does the Minister-III require a mercury battery (1.35 V)? My Minister-D is powered by a 675 hearing aid battery (with a bit of tin foil).Works just fine.I purchase them at my local pharmacy for $5.00 (pack of 8).

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No; this one has Selenium Cells around the lens which still work. I don trust it though. I'm using my LunaPro. I'm in the middle of a roll now. One reads the camera meter; and according to the number (8, 9, 10); one translates this to the most anterior ring. This makes the speed and the opening of the diafragm arrange themselves. 8 gives you 1/125 con f/4 if pointed at a light bulb with ASA 100

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have one I carry in the car. The meter works fine - gives me proper exposures. Great little camera. The numbers are Exposure Index 'EI', and were popular in the 60's.
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have an Electro 35 GSN, an MG-1 and a Lynx 14 e IC, but this is the most strange yet. I agree; they are all excellent cameras, with great glass.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've got one of these... I bought it off ebargumay.

It is lovely and clean, it looks great, but alas the shutter won't fire

So I haven't been able to use it, yet... which is a shame because it does look like a very well designed and equiped camera.

Hopefully it will just need a good CLA and I've just taken delivery of an ultrasonic cleaner which I hope will help me do just that.
    Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hope you get it fixed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Some pictures. The camera might have a light leak:

Definitely prone to flare
    Last edited by Pumal; 07-09-2009 at 01:27 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    New lightseals:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin