Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,223   Posts: 1,532,510   Online: 1092

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

Yashica Electro 35 CC

I just picked up a Electro 35 CC. The 35/1.8 lens is certainly interesting but film sensitivity only goes up to ASA500.

Has anyone figured out a way to use faster film with this camera?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Could you use faster film and a N.D filter??

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kennedy View Post
    Could you use faster film and a N.D filter??
    That's one possibility, using some kind of ND filter to cover the small CdS windows above the lens. Perhaps a lens hodd might give me another 1/2 stop or so.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Covering the light meter with ND will give you positive exposure compensation (the camera thinks it's darker than it is and gives you more exposure), not negative exposure compensation. You want -1 stop of EC to use ISO800 when the camera thinks it's got ISO400 installed. Sure you could put an ND on the lens but then why are you using fast film in the first place!?

Sorry, I don't know the camera and don't have a solution for the OP.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Yes you are right. Right now I am taping over the electric eye so I can get a 8sec exposure at f8 for night photos.

I am not inclined to open up this camera so there don't seem much I can do about making it use higher ISO film.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin