Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,898   Posts: 1,521,039   Online: 788

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Yashica Lynx 14E question

Got a Lynx today. Bought it on the bay, got it relatively fast, didn't have to pay customs or VAT for it, it was whole, clean, working, clear glass, clear VF, bright RF-patch. Popped in two LR9s (the normal substitute for PX625, although this one uses PX640s), put in a bolt as a spacer, the meter works fine. All things good, wonder when the compensating bad thing is gonna come?

But still, the modern batteries are 1.5, mercury cells are 1.35. In total there is a change of 0.3 volts. I read somewhere that to get 'correct' exposures I could compensate by setting the asa one step below. Can anyone confirm this?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use 1,35V hearing aid cells with a #9 rubber o-ring as spacer. Works just fine.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You can compensate with the ASA setting or you could wire a schottky diode in series with the cell to drop about 0.15v.

This may help: http://www.buhla.de/Foto/batt-adapt-US.pdf

Steve.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin