Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,707   Posts: 1,548,506   Online: 902

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Voigtlander Bessa-R & L issues...

Hi all--
    I have a Voigtlander Bessa-R, two lenses: 35mm 2.5 & 75mm 2.5. Additionally I have a Voigtlander Bessa-L with the 15mm lens. Here is my problem...everything I have shot with any combination has seriously underwhelmed me as far as sharpness. At first I thought it was just the fact that I had not shot 35mm in a long time and was used to the results I was getting with medium/large format. Then I shot a roll of PKR with a Zeiss Contarex and decided it wasn't just the format difference. So now I am wondering if it is a matter of the rangefinder being not properly aligned (in the case of the Bessa-R) or is it just my shooting style (in close/tight crop) is not really going to work with a rangerfinder vs. TTL focusing....or worse yet, are the lenses just not all that good (seems the least likely based on all the praise they seem to get online.) Anyway, I'm just curious if based on the junk I just typed you can throw some advice my way...
    Thanks,
    Matt
    --------------------
    "Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it." -Paul Strand

www.glasskeyphoto.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I have a Bessa R with the 15mm heliar, 35mm skopar, and 50mm nokton. All the lenses are tack sharp. I have heard, however, that some R's had rangefinder alignment issues. Mine focuses just fine, though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hmmm...maybe I should try to borrow another body from someone and try that.
    --------------------
    "Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it." -Paul Strand

www.glasskeyphoto.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin