Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,545   Posts: 1,544,466   Online: 1051

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Leica M6 Titanium viewfinder frames

I was looking at a used M6 Titanium earlier today and when looking through the finder and moving the lever that shows different frames, I noticed that the widest frame (28mm?) never disappeared even as I moved the lever back and forth. I thought the M6 showed six viewfinder frames in three pairs, with the widest frame disappearing on the "middle" setting.

Can anyone tell me if the camera I'm looking at needs repair, or could this be standard on these cameras?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I think it needs repair

Images
    I have a regular M6, and the 28mm frame lines do disappear when the 35 or 50 sets are selected. But mine actually are a little sticky, and I sometimes have to flick the lever or reset the lens.

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As JMCD, my old M6 (1986) also just shows two frames at time so, it most likely needs repair.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It probably needs a CLA..clean, lubricate, adjust. Generally this is not an expensive or time consuming item. If you let us know what part of the world you call home I'm sure we can provide some references for repair techs.

Best regards,

Bob
    Best regards,

Bob
    CEO-CFO-EIEIO, Ret.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Thanks for your confirmation of what it should look like. The interesting thing is that this camera is available in a camera repair shop and it "just had" a CLA and comes with a 90 day guarantee. Guess I'll have to go look again.

Shooter
    35mm
    I do have an M6Ti (classic) and the 28mm frame behaves exactly as my other M6.
    Marcelo

The harder I work, the luckier I get.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My M6 "classic" only shows the 28mm frame along with the 90mm one.
    (35+135, 50+75, 28+90)
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The M6 Titanium is just a titanium coating. there are a few M7's and I believe MP's that have a a body of titanium but these are at astronomical prices.-Dick

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin