Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,827   Posts: 1,582,075   Online: 895

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

first shots from FED2

I am pleasantly suprised by the sharp contrasty photos this camera takes! I has the !26 lens on it. I used Kodak PX125 and developed it in D76.

What do you think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img017_coneflowers2 (543 x 600).jpg   img019_coneflower3 (600 x 434).jpg   img022_lamp (600 x 454).jpg  
    "Generalizations are made because they are generally true"
    Flicker http://www.flickr.com/photos/stradibarrius
    Barry
    Monroe, GA

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The tonal quality is certainly quite impressive.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very nice! The Industar-26 is a Tessar clone, which sounds unremarkable, but every so often one turns up that just Has It with regard to tonality---it looks like you got a winner here!

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    These is my first two FSU rangefinders. Are they inconsistent one to another?
    "Generalizations are made because they are generally true"
    Flicker http://www.flickr.com/photos/stradibarrius
    Barry
    Monroe, GA

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by stradibarrius View Post
    These is my first two FSU rangefinders. Are they inconsistent one to another?
    To what are you referring? Soviet quality control was definitely lacking, so there's a lot of sample-to-sample variability in overall quality. This is of course exacerbated by the age of a FED 2.

You'll see reports from time to time of a need to calibrate each lens/camera pair for accurate focus on FSU Leica clones; however, AFAIK this only applies to the earliest samples (early FED 1s). There was much better standardization by the time the FED 2 came out. Compatibility with non-Soviet lenses is another matter -- such pairings usually work OK, but sometimes you'll run into problems.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Fed 2 is a nice camera. There are tons of varieties; you could have a dozen and no two could be the same, if you get the right dozen. The factory was constantly tweaking them. Mine is a 2b.

I sure like mine.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin