Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,174   Online: 709

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: rank aldis

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mike,

I have taken the lens board out and apart. The problem seems to relate to a very fine screw/pin that seems to act as a locating pin for two locating rings in turn one of which seesm to be a spacer ring. The screw actually protrudes into a recessed gap in the locating (spacer) ring. If the screw gets worn or comes undone at all, then there is a fair degree of play left for it as it does not fit tightly to the spacer ring, and therefore increases the slack in the lens. As this screw/pin seems to serve no other purpose I screwed it in as tight as possible but there was still slack, so I undid it and added a bit of superglue and waited for that to dry and then reassembled the lens. As a consequence it is now much better without any slack. All I have to do now is put the lens plate back in and sort out the cocking mechanism.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just to provide you with what has been requested, a pic of the camera below.

Thanks,

Andrew
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SV400002.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Andy,
    Well Done!
    I think that your efforts will make life far easier for anyone restoring these cameras, including me! If I get time, I'll dismantle the scrapper and have a look myself at the mechanism, but it's good to have my hunch about the provision of adjustment confirmed, the overall standard of construction is such that something of this sort was most likely.
    Thanks again for taking the trouble to pass on your knowledge, perhaps we should co-write a new workshop manual!
    Kind Regards, Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

cds meter

Anyone have any ideas on how to wire a cds meter on a rank aldis wires have worked loose and its difficult to figure out were they came from?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    as far as I know the Rank Aldis cameras, both their slr's and rangefinder were rebadged mamiya, and as such were very good,Richard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin