Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,770   Posts: 1,484,254   Online: 1123

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Leica is selling a swank advert brochure for $10 -- you can gt an abbreviated PDF on their website.

If you're just wanting to see the photos, which are buy Ralph Gibsin, get a copy of the recent Leica Fotographie Int'l (or was it Leica World?) that also contains them.

(BTW, teh new LFI also has an article on B&W scanning)

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Thanks for the alert. I'm a long term fan of Ralph Gibson. Don't think I'll buy the brochure. I think I now own the last Leica I'll ever buy...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    If you are a fan of Ralph Gibson, check out a brand new interview with him posted on www.JPIMAG.com. It's a new online photo magazine we are starting. It is not officially being announced yet but the beginnings are up. I am hoping it will be a follow up to Camera & Darkroom that no one can take away from me.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I just found a pretty cool book -- published by Gibson's Lustrum Press in 1978 -- that details some of his late-70's darkroom practices. And a lot of other folks' too. Title "Darkroom" edited by Eleanor Lewis. A second "Darkroom 2" was edited by Kelly Jain but *sigh* my library doesn't have it.

I'm fascinated at his mention in his Bergamn GRaphics interview about scanning WET prints -- I've been reluctant to try but might just go for it (like a wet-gate cine transfer? hmm). The Leica stuff has the most attenuated gray tones I've seen from him yet.

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin