Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,702   Posts: 1,482,661   Online: 653

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ole, since it is a collapsible lens, it is probably an Industar 22.

There were some FED 2s that look a lot like the FED 4 & 5 (and like some of the FED 3s). That model FED 2 had a fixed mount (not collapsible) Industar 61 lens. I have one of these cameras in my collection.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Fed produced their own collapsible lenses, the Industar 22 and later Industar50 collapsible were supplied with Zorki cameras. Fed also produced their own 28mm and 105mm lenses. (Source Russian and Soviet Cameras by Jean Loup Princelle) My own Industar50 is excellent I use it on a Fed2 and Bessa R2.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Further to my last post to confuse things futher Fed factory did produce the Industar 61 lanthanum glass lens (an f2.8 ) which was supplied with later Feds but [U]not Zorkis. Feds were never supplied with f3.5 Industar as original equipment. (source-Russian and soviet Cameras by Jean Loup Princelle) I have posted a photo taken with my own collapsible Industar 50.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Since this I've bought a 21mm Voigtländer lens at a lower price than I've ever seen a Russar.

And then yesterday I placed a low bid for 13 (?) collapsible FED, Industar-22 and Industar-50 lenses - and won. So if anyone wants to try a collapsible Russian, I have a few spare
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I would love to get my hands on a Voigtlander 21, drool drool.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EricR
    I would love to get my hands on a Voigtlander 21, drool drool.
    Droolworthiness has never been a factor in choise of lenses for me, but this one has it

It reminds me of why I've always refused offers to try (or even handle) Leica and Contax cameras: I know I would be unable to give them back.
    Norway

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well, I've gone and done it now

I'm now the owner of 6 FED 50mm/3.4, 3 Industar-22 50mm/3.4, and 4 Industar-50 50mm/3.5. Anyone need one?

Not to mention the Bessa-L I bought to fit my Colour-Skopar 21mm on to... No, I'm keeping that!
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ole I could be interested in one, any ideas on quality?
    David Boyce

When bankers get together for dinner, they discuss art. When artists get together for dinner, they discuss money. Oscar Wilde Blog fp4.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ole, I think I might try one of those, if available.
    Are those LTM or Contax/Kiev mount?
    I guess LTM, if they fit FED. I might try one of those on my Zorki 4, if any of those will fit.

Thanks,

Denis

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Denis P.
    Are those LTM or Contax/Kiev mount?
    I guess LTM, if they fit FED. I might try one of those on my Zorki 4, if any of those will fit.
    They are all LTM. I have no idea of the quality of the ones I just received, except for a quick visual check of the exterior. The FED lens I bought with my FED-2 camera is very good, I was pleasantly surprised by the quality.

I've put one of each on the camera to test the fit. On some of them there's a srew head on the infinity lock which is a little too thick, I intend to take a Dremel to them. They could all do with a good cleaning as well, which I'll do as soon as I get round to it.

I have no idea what the difference between the three types are. There are some external differences, with all of them out it's easy to see which is which. The "working parts" (lenses) look all the same at first glance.

I used to have a picture taken with the FED in the anniverary gallery, I'll put it back in my personal gallery.
    Norway

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin