Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,482   Online: 944

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    They are all LTM. I have no idea of the quality of the ones I just received, except for a quick visual check of the exterior. The FED lens I bought with my FED-2 camera is very good, I was pleasantly surprised by the quality.
    As for Russian RF gear/optics quality, I must say I'm pleasantly surprised with my Kiev 4 and its Jupiters (J8 and J12) - see my photo.net Kiev 4 folder. The scans are rather poor, but i just *love* the bokeh on some photos.
    And I'm quite pleased how the Kiev 4 operates - rather smooth and quiet.

Next, I'm planning on getting a Fed 2 :-)

rjr
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by marcello.brussard
    It should be an Industar 22 (50 f/3,5).
    And it should not fit a FED2... the tab hits the camera front. Unless it is an I-10?

Roman

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rjr
    And it should not fit a FED2... the tab hits the camera front. Unless it is an I-10?

Roman
    That seems to be the main difference between FED lenses and Industar-22's. On some (but not all) of the Industar lenses the focusing tab hits the camera front just before infinity focus. I'm tempted to grind them down a bit...

So it seems the FED lenses are slightly different mechanically from the Industar ones.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

rjr
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    That seems to be the main difference between FED lenses and Industar-22's.
    Well, I believe both weren´t designed for the FED2... the FED-Industars and KMZ-Industars were meant for the LeicaII-Copies like a FED1 or a Zorkii1, not the later FEDs.

On some (but not all) of the Industar lenses the focusing tab hits the camera front just before infinity focus. I'm tempted to grind them down a bit...
    With grinding it down you´ll probably losen the tab.

Ole, may I suggest something else? Your lens is a KMZ-Industar22, whats the production year?

I have a I22 from the early 1970s here - a friend bought that for his Bessa R, got stuck with a problem and gave it to me as a gift. The problem? A nerd cut of the Tab which now allows mounting it to later FEDs but leaving it without a mechanical stop from unscrewing it.

What about exchanging the two parts - you get the "FEDed" ring, I get a functional one and we both can use it with our cameras... It seems to weight less that 20g which would allow me to send mine via "Europabrief" - a letter. Everything else would be prohibitive in terms of shipping costs.

Best,
    Roman

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rjr
    What about exchanging the two parts - you get the "FEDed" ring, I get a functional one and we both can use it with our cameras... It seems to weight less that 20g which would allow me to send mine via "Europabrief" - a letter. Everything else would be prohibitive in terms of shipping costs.

Best,
    Roman
    Roman,
    if you look a few posts back you'll see that I had "6 FED 50mm/3.4, 3 Industar-22 50mm/3.4, and 4 Industar-50 50mm/ 3.5" (they should of course all be f:3.5). This in addition to the one that came wiht my FED-2.

I'll send you a functional FED lens for a tenner, or a scratched one for the postage
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin