Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,971   Posts: 1,558,563   Online: 1145

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Diopter adjustment on 1950's Canon RF cameras

While early Leica RFs have a diopter adjustment around the viewing eyepiece or the rewind knob, knob wind Canon RFs seem to have opted for their innovative three-position viewfinder. I'm not aware of any knob-wind Canon RF that has diopter adjustment -- can anyone set me straight?

This is important to me because I really rely on the diopter adjustment on my Leica III to be able to properly see the focus spot and image. If a knob-wind Canon is equivalent in viewing terms to my IIIc with the dioper unadjusted, then I guess I should pass on buying one. Thought? Thanks!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The IIIc needs the diopter adjustment, for me, the Canon V, VI and Canon P don't, for me. Suggest you need to try the one you are buying yourself.

Noel

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I'm bumping this post because I'm hoping someone who has a Leica II or III-series camera AND a knob-wind Canon can tell me whether (A) the Canon has a diopter adjustment -- I know they have the variable three-position viewfinder, but that's a different issue, and (B) if it does not have a diopter adjustment as do the Leicas, can it still be focused by those of us with aging eyes.

Reason being I don't want to buy a knob-wind Canon if I can bring the rangefinder spot into focus like I can with my Leica IIIa.

Canon V, VI, P and 7-series use a different viewfinder construction where I find I don't really need a diopter control -- I've got an L-1, P and 7s, so am familiar with their viewfinders.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My aging eyes can focus the IV-Sb without any problems. I'm not aware of diopter adjustment for knob-wind (or other rangefinder) Canons. My eyesight is +2,5 and I don't use spectacles when shooting film.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin