Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,484   Posts: 1,644,747   Online: 876

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It sounds like stiff grease is limiting the travel of a spring loaded cam follower in the rangefinder mechanism. Warming the camera body to 35-40C might help a lot, that will soften the grease and then using it warm will probably push some of the "stiff" grease out of the way.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-D659 View Post
    It sounds like stiff grease is limiting the travel of a spring loaded cam follower in the rangefinder mechanism. Warming the camera body to 35-40C might help a lot, that will soften the grease and then using it warm will probably push some of the "stiff" grease out of the way.
    Bob is most likely right, but one caution:

Everybody from Winnipeg looks forward at this time of year to warming their body to 35-40C.

Sorry, just couldn't resist.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can exercise the RF follower by removing the lens & pressing the follower,in and allowing it to return a number of times.
    It's the same thing the lens does but with less effort.
    Expletive Deleted!

Shooter
    Multi Format

Thanks for the replies

The 90mm is still functioning okay. With the 45 mm there is, compared with the beginning, improvement, but sometimes there's a little deterioration. Mostly it starts working at about 0.90/0.95m, which is a lot better then 1.2m but not as it's supposed to be.

If the problem was stiff grease in the rangefinder mechanism, wouldn't both lenses show the same improvement?

Cheers

Daniel

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I had a similar problem recently with a Zorki 4 rangefinder and I had to clean the rangefinder nechanism with lighter fluid and then carefully re-lubricate it to get things working correctly. All is perfect now.

It sounds as though you have a similar sticky RF mechanism as Bob-D659 said earlier.

Good luck.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Problem should be solved

I'm glad I can report the problem should be fixed by now.

As I;ve mentioned the previous owner was very helpfull. We've send the camera to Wilco Jansen. This week I received an email from the previous owner that wilco cleaned and adjusted the rangefinder system, checked the camera and it's supposedly working perfect right now. Sadly I can't confirm this myself yet, I haven't received the camera back, but since Wilco is a highly regarded hasselblad repairsman in my country, I have no doubt about this.

Of course I will post a quick confirmation about this when I receive the camera, but I was so excited I had to post something now.

daniel

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG... we will be looking forward to some photos taken with this camera when you get it back!
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format

Just received the camera,

and it's working perfectly again!!

Can't wait till I get time to shoot some photos.

Thanks everybody for all your advice.

Cheers,

Daniel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin