Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,497   Posts: 1,543,078   Online: 960

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

fuji GW690 vs GW690II

which is the better of the two models overall, and are they both metal body?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    All your questions are answered here

Shooter
    Multi Format
    and here

Dan
    Antique and Classic Camera BLOG
    www.antiquecameras.net/blog.html

Shooter
    Medium Format
    are the different lenses hard to find for the G690 series? if not it makes sense to go for this, providing i get one in good condition.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Yes they are hard to find, but not impossible. I think if I were starting out with this again I would get a GW69011 or 111 AND a GSW69011 or 111. That gives you a 65mm and a 90mm. Maybe substitute the GW690 for a 670 to give you a better crop for portrait and more shots per roll. I started with a GSW690111 and got beautiful results.
    What is doesn't give you is the brilliant 50mm and the 150 and 180mm. available for the G range, but these are expensive and even harder to find.
    Also the GW's are newer cameras and less likely to give you mechanical headaches.
    Hope this helps.

oh and the GWs have EBC lens coatings for better contrast and flare reduction
    Last edited by preston2; 05-03-2010 at 08:53 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: afterthougt

Shooter
    Medium Format
    i bought a GW690II on ebay. appears to be only 026 on the counter.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=180504221413

the only thing which worried me is no view of the film chamber, however every seller advertises in their way.

do you think I got a good deal? it comes from Hong Kong and i've pretty much been around all the film camera stores there.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I know the film counter can be reset or fiddled, and the problem started with the GW690 in 1978. I also know the GW690II has a good rangefinder spot, hopefully making it easier to focus than the GW690III.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Looks like a beauty to me at the right price. The important thing about these cameras is that they are mechanical and fairly simple, so that even an old beaten up one can be repaired and serviced for as long as there are service people out there to do it.
    Now get a matching GSW and you have an outfit to cover most photographic tasks.
    Here's an image from my GL690 with 65mm.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/john_mayger/4525226587/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    i have the GW690II and its huge and well balanced. deserves to be called the texas leica.

Q. what solution do people use to clean the 2 windows on the front, and the viewfinder on the left?

all in all a very discreet camera
    Last edited by pollux; 05-18-2010 at 11:41 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    lens cleaning solution and microfibre cloth?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin