Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,819   Posts: 1,581,648   Online: 824

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Heh, I'm on the lookout for a FED 2 as well. I recently picked up the Industar 61 L/D here in advance of buying a body.

That will be my first FSU camera. Frankly, I'm not sure if it will stick for me. Maybe I'm just in 'collector denial', but I'm trying to stick with a set of cameras that have interesting role for me.

I've got a Canonet 17 for general walk around work, a Lynx 14 for the extra speed at night, a Olympus 35DC for ... heck if I know. I like the image quality I get and the fact that it makes me focus on composition instead of exposure.

The FED 2 would be my interchangeable lens rangefinder (I'm too cheap for something higher end) but I don't know the size/ergonomics would be a deterrent to use. As much as I like the Lynx 14, I rarely use it due to the size and difficulty focusing it at night. I can't think of many reasons to use it over a small body SLR with a 1.4 lens other than price. Fortunately for the Lynx, I have neither so it will stick around for now.

Maybe once I have lenses outside the ~50mm range the FED2 will show its utility.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Zorki 4 Shutter Work

Quote Originally Posted by mablo View Post
    Bought a very nice looking Zorki 4K last week. It turned out to be a brick. I guess someone has forgotten the golden rule of cocking the shutter first. Well... I didn't lose a fortune.
    Good morning, Mablo;

The file with the information on fixing a Zorki 4 shutter is by Rick Oleson, not John Goodman. Sorry about that. A probably excessive accumulation of years at this end. Anyway, go to

http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-58.html

You will find the notes, handmade drawings, and photographs there that will help you with that task. And I need to do it also with my Zorki 4 that came to live with the Zorki 4K. The 4 has a very slow second curtain on the slow speeds that almost makes it all the way across the film plane.

Another web site that might be of interest is

http://www.ussrphoto.com/
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin