Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,888   Posts: 1,520,741   Online: 1111

Shooter
    Multi Format

Argus c-44 lenses.

So I recently picked up an Argus c-44 rangefinder with a 50mm Cintagon lens. I was wondering if the lenses made for the c3 cameras will fit on the c44? This may sound like a dumb question but im a newb when it comes to these Argus rangefinders. Thanks in advance for any help!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    bump?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    2 minutes with google says probably not, but someone did modify one to fit the other.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I also don't think it will. I think I read the mount was different in this book.
    http://www.joesherlock.com/Argomania.html

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The C44 mount was unique. Even the lenses for the Geiss-modified C4 won't fit. Fortunately the C44 lenses can still be found - usually at very reasonable prices.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning, Pryan9;

The lenses for my argus C3 and the lenses for my argus C44R do not interchange, nor do I know of any adapters to make that work in either direction.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks guys! I just scanned the negs from my first roll and im amazed at how sharp they look...The only problem is that i think the rangefinder is a little out of whack. The images are not how i remember composing them..they all see rather crooked, especially when vertical.

I found this link and at the bottom of the page it describes how to adjust the screws for the rangefinder but how do i know when it has been corrected?

Also, one last question. Will a pre-cut leatherette for C4 fit a C44?

Thanks so much everyone!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pryan9 View Post
    Thanks guys! . . . .

I found this link and at the bottom of the page it describes how to adjust the screws for the rangefinder but how do i know when it has been corrected?

Also, one last question. Will a pre-cut leatherette for C4 fit a C44?

Thanks so much everyone!

Good morning, Pryan9;

The best collection of people I can suggest who can answer your questions are all gathered in Eden, North Carolina, right now this weekend at the annual argus Collectors Group gathering. You can send a message to them with your questions by going to Yahoo! Groups http://groups.yahoo.com/ Then put into the "Search for Groups" box, "arguscg" and that will take you to their group.

I do not think that the letherette for the C4 is the same as for the C44/C44R. I know it is not the same as for any of the variants of the C3.

The past messages on the arguscg group have discussed the rangefinder alignment procedure many times. A search on that topic will bring up lots of information on how to tell when the adjustment is correct, both vertically and horizontally. If all else fails, you can also ask the question again. One caveat mentioned is that the little mirror is a first surface mirror, and the reflective material on it may come off with surprisingly little pressure from exuberant cleaning.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin