Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,470   Posts: 1,570,915   Online: 873

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Forgot to mention the Olympus Trip 35 with a razor sharp 40 mm Zuiko lens. If you are going to buy one make sure that the selenium meter is working.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't think the battery for the Yashica 35 G.T. is available any more, Ithink they were mercury cells, and they are not allowed to make them due to environmental issues.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bentley Boyd
    I don't think the battery for the Yashica 35 G.T. is available any more, Ithink they were mercury cells, and they are not allowed to make them due to environmental issues.
    photoethnography.com says:

5.6v PX32 (battery check feature)
    -compatible with 6V PX32A; or 6V PX28 alkaline, with 40c adaptor
    "I am an anarchist." - HCB
    "I wanna be anarchist." - JR

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For cameras that took a single mercury battery there is a very simple fix. This involves the addition of a 1N34A diode in series with the battery. The diode allows a silver oxide battery to replace the mercury battery by adjusting the voltage the camera sees. There are several sites on the web which describe this modification in detail.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You sre about the diode type?
    Is that for 1.5V -> 1.2 V?

If so RadioShack is your friend.... they sell for about 0.30
    The 1N34A Germanium diode is an old standby in electronics. Widely used for detecting the rectifying efficiency or for switching on a radio, TV or stereo etc.

* GENERAL SPECIFICATIONS Peak Inv. Voltage(PIV): 60 Volts
    * Max. Average Rectified Current: 50mA @ 25 deg C
    * Junction Temperature (TJ): 100 deg C Max.
    * FWD Voltage Drop(VF): 1.0V @ 5.0 mA
    * Reverse Current: IR 15uA @ VR 10 volts

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    HEADS UP!!!
    Leica M3 with lens at GoodWill!
    http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=1388901
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, that's the correct diode it drops the silver oxide battery's voltage from 1.55 to 1.35. There is a Schottky diode which is a bit better but the 1N34A works well for this purpose.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've heard of the Schotky diode but couldn;t find any around here... off to Radio Shack tonight!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    http://home.pcisys.net/~rlsnpjs/minolta/conversion.html

Has explanation and pictures of using Schottsky Diodes and how to install them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

FED 5 Baby!!!

My QL17 GIII was stolen from the house about a month ago. I really wanted another RF, but was a bit frustrated by the issue of having a single fixed lens. The meter was another issue.

Wanting to see if I liked the whole RF vibe anymore I just got a new in the box FED 5V on eBay from a reputable dealer. Ugly as heck but a really great performer. I have managed to put together a kit including the FED 5V, a J-9, a J-12, an I-61 and a Petri Tele/wide VF for $150. The quality is rather surprising.

I highly recommend this route for someone who want's to try RF photography without spending serious $$$ on the likes of a Bessa or a Leica.

Kent
    Max Power, he's the man who's name you'd love to touch! But you mustn't touch! His name sounds good in your ear, but when you say it, you mustn't fear! 'Cause his name can be said by anyone!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin