Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,686   Posts: 1,482,338   Online: 849

Thread: Taron Robin 19

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Taron Robin 19

Is anyone familiar with this camera? I just picked one up and spent the evening cleaning and lubricating the rangefinder/prism.

There doesn't seem to be much info out there about it, but the camera has a nice feel and one of the brighter patches I've seen on a fixed lens rangefinder. I'm cautiously optimistic about its picture taking ability but would love to hear from anyone with experience. I haven't been able to find much info about it on Google.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There's a discussion in the Nelson forum about the Taron camera. Here's the link:
    http://nelsonfoto.com/SMF/index.php?...;topic=10865.0

Shooter
    35mm
    You asked about the Taron Robin camera. I had one many years ago. It was purchased one around 1960. The camera had a fixed 1.8f lens and took reasonably decent pictures, considering how cheap it was. I still have lots of slides that I took with it. Currently I am digitizing all of them. In doing so, I found a picture that I took of Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia, with the Taron Robin I entered it into competition with my local camera club, and won an award.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin