Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,736   Online: 986

mdm

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Focus/Finder on Very Early Agfa Record

I have got a very early Agfa Record in a Compur with a 10.5cm Solinar lens. It has cleaned up very well however, somewhere along the line the front element has been tampered with. I am assuming that, focused at infinity the front element must be screwed right in and that I must move the longer stopper screw to make this happen. One full unscrew rotation should set focus at 3ft, but I need a solid starting point.

Also is there a simple way to adjust the popup viewfinder so that the framelines agree with the image on the film?

Fantastic little camera.

Regards
    David
    Last edited by mdm; 06-01-2010 at 08:02 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's not hard to set focus on this thing but you need a ground glass or frosted surface to set at the film plane.
    Focus on infinity, a radio antenna or light fixture a block or three away will work. Most of the lenses I've seen like this don't go flush against the body at infinity but have a slight gap. The dimension of the gap isn't important, just getting the focus at infinity..Close focus just is what it is. There's no separate adjustment.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    FYI, Some blank processed colour film (with the orange mask) works well as a (very) makeshift ground glass, as well as the frosted variety of tape (selotape, stickytape, whatever people call it). Make sure it sits reasonably flat at the film plane and calibrate away.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

mdm

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks guys.

I had a go a few days ago with a piece of pictorico printed light grey but it did'nt work so well so I will try the tape. Fantastic camera but so far I have stuck to f16. So small and useable, a revelation.

David

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin