Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,143   Online: 848

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Like a Leica, except made in.............by.............for the wage of......................and shipped over here, creating ...................fuel demand and air pollution. A Leica? Really? You're such an asshole, Steve. I don't want your stinking iPhone. I want my countrymen to have jobs making them.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 06-08-2010 at 04:16 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    Apple = cult

Leica = cult

cult = cult

therefore, Apple = Leica
    That has to be true as I have both

"spelled" on this side of the pond......:} Spelt is actually a variety of grain I believe...
    Last edited by Mahler_one; 06-08-2010 at 04:24 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo

Shooter
    35mm
    I actually think my 8 year old Nokia is more like a Leica than the iphone. It's never needed repair and keeps on working, my niece's iphone has been repaired twice and then it was replaced, all within 12 months.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bblhed View Post
    If it is like a Leica I should be able to buy one used in about 50 years and have a reasonable expectation that it will still work?
    Will it be useful around in 50 years?

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very typical Apple/Jobs spin. And an affront to Leica (no, I'm not a Leica owner), which does not churn out rubbish to a gullible public.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Most in his audience only know Leica's reputation, not Leica. If they don't know Leica, they'll accept his pronouncement, and figure Leica is something special. It's an easy way to use a product of legendary reputation and quality to promote his product. Maybe he believes it.

Leica's not making money hand over fist while some foreign company actually producing the stuff is having a "problem" with employee suicides.

I'm willing to bet no Leica employee is dumb enough to have ever left a Leica prototype behind on a bar stool in a beer garden!

I've always really liked Apple's products. But the whole carefully cultivated cultishness leaves me cold. I guess if you've got the fan base you might as well use it, but it puts me off.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    All he was saying is that Apple aspire to the highest standards of design & engineering. Which sounds like a good thing to me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    cult ?

people who want apple computers use apples,
    and have no problem not wanting a PC.
    people who want leicas use leicas
    and have no problem not wanting a slr ...

i don't have an iphone but know plenty of people who
    do cause they are fun.

if using something like to use is "cult-like"
    i guess everyone is in one sort of a cult or another ..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I don't use apple because its so cult like that it has now become mainstream......

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin