Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,277   Posts: 1,534,819   Online: 839

Shooter
    35mm

Trading Equipment

Hi apug
    Firstly, I know that APUG does not condone trading outside of it's buy and sell forums and I'm not going to ask to trade people here.

Secondly, where can someone, like myself, look to trade for a nice interchangeable lens rangefinder? It seems that northern Ohio has nothing for camera trading, but everyone sure wants to sell me all their stuff for 300% mark-up.

I'm looking for basically anything but a Leica (considering that Leica bodies cost heads above what other comparable bodies cost). Leica-mount lenses are okay, though, because lenses *can* be cheaper than bodies. If I can find a Leica for a steal, though, I would grab it in a heartbeat.

I am looking for a camera to use as a general carry-around camera or street-camera and a Rangefinder seems to be exactly what I want. Right now, I will be using a Minolta X700 and the wonderful 45mm f/2.

I'm looking for something in the range of:
    Zeiss Ikon ZM, Voigtlander Bessa R line-up, Konica Hexar RF, Minolta CLE, Canon line-up, Nikon line-up, and probably many others that I don't know of off the top of my head.

More bells and whistles (like metering at ISO 3200, framelines for different lenses, high flash sync, really sexy looking, etc) are appreciated.

So where should I be looking?
    Toledo Camera Trader and photojournalist

Shooter
    Multi Format
    eBay, Craigslist
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Why don't you become a subscriber, and look for a trade here on APUG?
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Excellent advice Matt King.

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Sanjay Sen - APUG Subscriber
    Sanjay Sen, 36, a champion of human and animal rights, died June 3 in a motorcycle accident in Wayne, New Jersey.

July 23 1975 - June 3 2012

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    lots of trading goes on here in the classifieds
    you just need to be a subscriber ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    lots of trading goes on here in the classifieds
    you just need to be a subscriber ...
    Amen!!
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Rangefinderforum.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mudman View Post
    Rangefinderforum.com
    No-- APUG, subscribe, and visit the classifieds. BTW, you only need to subscribe to post ads, not for accessing them to respond.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    ....and by the way subscribing helps support what you have considered worthy of 76 posts plus what ever number you have read. That is to say nothing about the articles and galleries and great new friends at least I have made. I think it is worth it, but your mileage may vary.

John Powers

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin