Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,505   Posts: 1,543,475   Online: 988

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Check it out! First photos from my Ansco Anscoset!!

This is the camera that re-ignited it all...the one that got me back into film photography...I finally finished my first roll and had it developed...very happy with the outcome It was my first time using a rangefinder (ever!!) and my first time shooting film since the late-90s, so the pictures are not stunning...but they all came out exposed perfectly, they're sharp, tons of detail...for a 50 year old camera, the old girls doing a splendid job!

My parents

And my lovely girlfriend on a couple of hikes

Next up, I'm going to load up my AE-1 Program with film, and my Zenit E is loaded and ready to go

Cheers,
    Tamas

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks great!

Well done (to both you and the camera)
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Ah, double dippin', you TPFer. You oughtta spend more time here. Keep up the good work.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nice.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good pictures. I like them all. You might have flare in your first pic. Check for light leaks too

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nice photographs!

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks everyone for your kind words! It's funny because I have 2 30Ds and a G9 (as well as various more advanced SLRs like an AE-1, AE-1P, Ricoh XR-P Multiprogram, etc) and yet I prefer shooting with the Ansco over pretty much any of them...

Pumalite: Thankfully I think it was just flare I shot it down low up towards a bright sky and towards the sun...none of the other pictures seem to be affected in the same way, so I don't think it's a leak

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning, LowRiderS10;

Hey, if the Ansco Anscoset (Minolta Hi-Matic) was good enough for Colonel John Glenn (pre-Senator days) to take with him in the Freedom 7 Capsule in the Mercury Program, why not? Have fun with it.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have the Minolta Hi-Matic 7 and the Hi-Matic 7s

Shooter
    35mm
    wow, I didn't know about that Ralph...thanks! I just did some searching on it and apparently John Glenn's camera was Ansco-branded as well! Well this just made my day (I know, I'm a big geek haha) Thanks!

Pumalite: very nice...I really like rangefinders in general, but something about the Ansco/Minolta looks and feels perfect to me...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin