Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,645   Posts: 1,481,242   Online: 818

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The Contax G1 draws all sorts of criticism for quirky this or quirky that, but it all becomes irrelevant after 10 rolls of film, especially when reviewing the results of this camera and lens. I originally purchased the G1 for its incomparable 45mm lens, figuring to use it only in the manual mode, but after a while I went to the auto focus mode with excellent focusing results. My goal is to get the shot with a minimum of fiddling with meters and controls (I save the more deliberate compositions for my 645), and to this end the bracketing feature is just fabulous.

I know there are some amazing results out there with digital, but the results and signature of this glass on quality film can be spectacular. I've a hunch that if you read and learn the manual, and get through a few rolls of film, you'll be as wowed as the previous posters.

ps: I've been using the 45mm lens for about two years, and I just bought the 28mm. Check out my site, and click "Barbara"...that gallery is almost all Contax G1.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The Contax G lenses are -by far- the best lenses in 135 that I've used. The Contax G1 body is ergonomically brilliant and the perfect travel companion.

I got my G1 + lenses two years ago. Wish I had done so 10 years earlier (not pricewise though- the system is a steal these days).

The 28mm, 45mm and 90mm are the nicest starter lenses, in that order, IMO.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin