Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,760   Posts: 1,516,051   Online: 896

Shooter
    Multi Format

Question for a "Vitessa T" owner . . .

Inside the removable back cover, on the side where the take-up spool resides, there is a long chrome bar which I believe acts as a stand/holder for a pressure plate of sorts. Mine is simply the chrome bar with two visible holes. Can someone describe what should be there, or provide an image of theirs? I only ask because as the film builds up on the take-up spool it apparently gets scratches from the chrome bar inside the cover. Electrical tape should fix this problem, but a part appears to be missing. Thanks in advance.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Mine is exactly as you describe. Run the surface of your pinky finger across the bar and see if you feel any rough edges.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by elekm View Post
    Mine is exactly as you describe. Run the surface of your pinky finger across the bar and see if you feel any rough edges.
    Thanks Mike. That's what I hoped. That sure is a strange way to design a "bumper", if that's what I should call it. I couldn't feel any sharp edges that would be responsible for the scratches. It may have been a piece of grit, also.

Dann

Shooter
    35mm RF
    You might want to check out those film rails and the takeup spool, the pressure plate and that small guide near the sprocket spindle. This camera has a lot of places for film to get scratched.

And you're right -- maybe it was a piece of random grit. It might be a good idea to get some compressed air and blow out the inside of the camera thoroughly. A small paint brush also could help get into the various crevices.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin