Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,506   Posts: 1,543,497   Online: 1032

Shooter
    Large Format

M2 Quickload Kit Film Loading Instructions?

I am looking for instructions (or better yet a YouTube style video) on how to load film using the M2 Quickload Kit (fitted in my case on an M3). This is not the Rapidload 3 pronged tulip of M4 and later cameras but the kit that Leica sold as an aftermarket item for M2 cameras etc. Sorry but it seems even less intuitive than the dreaded take up spool of LTM fame.

Also is the Quickload take up spool completely removable? I thought it was fixed in the camera. I do know about the chrome core that you have to pull to reset the counter on an M3.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Hany.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, it's removable, the spool just pulls out of the camera and there's a clamping screw on the section on the base plate.
    If you want to go back to original all you need is an original take up spool.
    Loading with the QL consists of pull the leader across the film gate & line it up w/the spool, slap the bottom on & off you go. Check the rewind knob to make sure the film is advancing though. Sometimes the leader slips out.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin