Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,000   Posts: 1,524,344   Online: 765

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Summarit will be usable, just prone to flare shooting into the light.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Correct, it was $250 fir everything listed.

I hope you right about the Summarit; I'm hooked in fast lenses and it would be a great fit for me. I'm probably going to shoot my first roll later today.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congratulations.
    Loading the camera, after trimming the leader as required, and using it is the best confidence test for the cleaning marks on the glass.
    Regards
    Charles

Shooter
    35mm RF
    If that Skopar is marked in centimeters, that would make it a prewar lens. I don't believe Voigtlander (the original Voigtlander) made lenses in LTM, so it's either an adapted lens or it's an enlarging lens, as another person stated.

Regarding the cleaning marks, I think that you'll have to shoot a test roll. With some lenses, it might be noticeable in every photo. With other lenses, it might be noticeable only in certain situations.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use a chrome Elmar 90mm 4 on a IIIf, and it has very nice image quality. And it is so small and light.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I was a little haphazard and shot a my first roll with the camera and lenses at a local zombie walk on the 3rd. I used the Summarit and the pair of lenses I already had - a J12 and an I64 LD. I am usually a little more precise when testing new gear but I was excited to test a bunch of stuff. The exposure was botched badly on a few of the shots. I was going back and forth between the IIIc and an Autocord loaded with slower film. A few of these shots were very ever exposed.

The Summarit results were interesting. I was mostly shooting it between f/1.5 and 2. Here are a few results from it. And no, I have no idea what was going on in this second shot:

The J12 had some flaring(?) but otherwise looks promising:

The I64 needs shimming to focus to infinity but looks promising:

Several of the shots have issues in the corner. They almost look like light leaks, though that doesn't make any sense. I'm assuming flaring for now? The Summarit is definitely in rough shape. It has an interesting effect though. I'll probably mess around with it a bit more to see if the look is worth keeping.
    Last edited by Brian Legge; 07-05-2010 at 08:18 PM. Click to view previous post history.

At the confluence of Black Creek and the Locust Fork of the Warrior River, Alabama
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Check for leaks. Seals in good shape?
    The back could be shifting around just a bit on bad seals, somketimes leaking, sometimes not.
    I think I would get that I-64 shimmed; it looks to be a dandy itieration ...

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Paul, that is the first thing that came to mind... except this is a bottom loader so there is no back. And I can't imagine it being light leaking in from the bottom.

Holes or issues with the shutter curtain came to mind but I'd expect a different look if that were the case - and more consistent behavior.

At the confluence of Black Creek and the Locust Fork of the Warrior River, Alabama
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    That's right, a bottom loader. Could the lens mount flange possibly be loose shifting? A control knob seal? The bottomost "flare" has an edge. The other two are in the same place on the frames if both arranged horizontally, in the top left corner, which would be bottom right in the camera, right? And no "flare" at all with the I-64 in one pic, right?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Correct on all counts. That is why I'm a bit stumped about what the issue is - it isn't as consistent as I'd expect.

I think I'll take a few shots with the lens cap on to rule out lens/curtain issues. Those seem like the most likely candidates.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin