Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,990   Posts: 1,524,173   Online: 1047

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    I second really, actually checking the focus with a piece of ground glass. Many range focusing folders have distance scales that are not accurate, and are designed to place infinity at some hyperfocal distance rather than actual infinity...and don't use a very discriminating criteria for determining sharpness. I had to make my own focusing distance scale with a sticky label on the focus ring. I get a lot more sharp shots now that the marked distances correspond to the actual focal distance, and aren't already taking DOF into account.

I got a folder with a new bellows by certo6 but the back was bent and the bellows he put on sticks into the film gate, eating up usable negative area.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the advice everyone - forgot to mention that I only hand-held one shot as an experiment - the rest were all on tripod with cable-release, and I didn't wind on fully to the next exposure until I'd opened the camera and was ready for the next shot, so the film should have been as flat as possible. So those precautions should have eliminated a few 'quirks' plus the fact that all the shots were taken at least 60ft away from the subject and focused on infinity - all landscapes - so that should take care of lack of DOF. Looks like all I'm left with after elmiminating all those variables is that the lens needs adjusting in some way, it would seem that such a very good lens should allow me to print a sharp 12 x 16.. anyway, thats my next option and I'll persevere with it - I enjoyed using the camera very much and the challenge of using a 60 year old 'black box with a hole in it' to produce a large'ish print is irresistable. Oh, yes - will try a faster film next time to get optimum shutter speed and aperture setting.. thanks again everyone for your input.
    Patricia.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin