Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,497   Posts: 1,543,056   Online: 1042

Shooter
    Multi Format

Fuji TX-1 / Xpan rangefinder alignment

Hi there - I'm new to posting but I've lurked for a while and done some searching, but can't find quite what I'm looking for.

I'm used to shooting the Mamiya rangefinders, but I've recently purchased a Fuji TX-1. The rangefinder seems to be out of alignment - patch and framelines move diagonally across the view in both normal and pano settings. I have no trouble having them line up to infinity and all distances in between seem right on in comparison with the distance scale on the lens.

Does this sound like "out of alignment?" I haven't enough experience to know what "out of alignment" looks like, but it seems funny to me. If it is out of alignment - has anyone had luck servicing these cameras in the states?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    If the negatives are in sharp focus using the rangefinder, forget the markings on th lens and enjoy this unusually good camera.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's parallax compensation what you see in viewfinder, not alignment problem.
    I have no experience with Mamiya rangefinder, but this is normal behaviour for xpan, leica, zeiss, etc.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the help both. I will await my negatives.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin