Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,683   Posts: 1,548,538   Online: 938

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Replace Leica M2 Lugs

I've just got an M2 body which had a loose lug, a little wiggling and it ended up popping out all together. My question is what the best way to get this repaired is. I've called Golden Touch and she quoted me $120 to replace them with steel lugs. Not a terrible price but the camera is a user so if there's a cheaper option I'd take it. Thanks!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    for that kind of money you can buy a good Domke bag for your camera and lenses, beats hanging your leica around the neck any time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    jumboprawn.net has very good pictures and notes on the M's.
    The problem would be the clamp wrenches used to get some of the bits off. They can be a real pistol without the wrenches.

You can use a sling strap from Gordy's or figital revolution, they only use one lug.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    35mm
    it is very difficult to remove the upper part of a M-Leica body as you need special clamping tools to open the different threaded rings. With improper tools you ruin the parts. The strap lugs can only be fastened by this way. I think that Microtools has these Leica lugs for exchange.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Micro Tools has the lugs, if you send just the shell and the lugs to DAG he will do it for a reasonable price. If you haven't taken the shell off an M before, then you should probably send him the entire camera.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin