Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,928   Posts: 1,585,182   Online: 702

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Mystery Solved! I found one at an antique mall. It is a Kodak Bantam RF. As soon as I saw it I knew it was the right one. Picked it up in near mint condition for $40. Dad also went looking and found a picture of an Olympus 35 SP that replaced the Bantam. Now I got to find one of those.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by totalmotard View Post
    Mystery Solved! I found one at an antique mall. It is a Kodak Bantam RF. As soon as I saw it I knew it was the right one. Picked it up in near mint condition for $40. Dad also went looking and found a picture of an Olympus 35 SP that replaced the Bantam. Now I got to find one of those.
    If it is a Bantam RF, I don't think the slides are 35mm.

They are 828 film. Here is a link:

http://www.bnphoto.org/bnphoto/Kodak828.htm

I'm kicking myself now, because all the early sots of our family were shot by my father using a Bantam RF - see one pictured here:

http://www.camerapedia.org/wiki/Kodak_Bantam_RF

They were great little cameras!
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    I am really amazed at the quality of the images my dad captured with such a simple camera:

Thanks for the link to the 828.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Don't be. Its not the price of equipment that determines the use, its the skill of the user. True with paint brushes or wood tools as well.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    You know, 828 film is just 126 film without the plastic cassette.. I've occasionally thought of using respooled 126 on a bantam.....

David

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin