Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,170   Online: 867

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images

My new Voigtlander Prominent

Just this morning, $10 at a yard sale. 50 f/2 Ultron

Didn't really know what I bought til I got home, but of course anything with Voigtlander on it has to be worth $10

Now I'm excited to go shoot some film today with this, despite the operating quirks I've read about. Took me a good 10 minutes just to figure out where the focus knob was

Body needs a dust off, but the lens wore a filter and hasn't a mark on her.

Fun!

Oh yea, also there is no accessory shoe on mine .. just a flat plate with the name ... so is this a true Prominent 1 and not a 1a etc? I know its not a II

At the confluence of Black Creek and the Locust Fork of the Warrior River, Alabama
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I can't answer your questions, but I can say you scored big-time ...

Shooter
    35mm
    [QUOTE=5stringdeath;1027046]Just this morning, $10 at a yard sale. 50 f/2 Ultron

I'm GREEN with envy. My first 35 was a Prominent with the 1.5 Nokton. Just as well it was you because if I had found it it would start a search for the whole outfit I had back in '57 when I was discharged from the U.S.A.F. At 77 I'm too old to start all over again.
    I still think the Kodachrome and Ilfordchrome slides I took with it were some of my best

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    I am also green with envy, a Voightlander prominent for $10, I wish I lived in your neck of the woods, all I can say i well done and enjoy it,Richard

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by R gould View Post
    I am also green with envy, a Voightlander prominent for $10, I wish I lived in your neck of the woods, all I can say i well done and enjoy it,Richard
    Few and far between. I'm not an avid yard saler, this was right in my neighborhood. Just dumb luck.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would be green with envy if I didn't have one already. Mine does have the shoe, but I don't believe that it was the last model.

Now with all that saved money you could buy, for rather more money, a modern Voigtlander VC Meter II, which you can see looks rather pretty (and, more importantly, lets you know what your exposure might be).

I'd be inclined to have a maintenance person check it out, mine jammed and I do feel more secure for the fairly cheap CLA.

Regards - Ross
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Voigtlander Prominent2.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Congratulations on the Prominent. It enjoys an avid group of followers. The Ultron is an excellent lens.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The Prominent's ergonomics are different from most other cameras and aren't appreciated by everyone (including me). But you'll need to try this camera yourself.

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by elekm View Post
    The Prominent's ergonomics are different from most other cameras and aren't appreciated by everyone (including me). But you'll need to try this camera yourself.
    Already have! Its quirky but not impossible. Then again, I have an Omega Rapid 200 as well, so I'm kinda used to quirky cameras And a Contax G1 system .... maybe I just love the oddball cameras ... strangely enough a lot of these bodies have superb glass with them, so its all worth it.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin