Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,421   Online: 777

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Summicron 35mm f2 problems :(

How can I fix this, polish? maybe someone has extra front element?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31216455@N07/4801626852/

thank u!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Send to Lecia and get a quote.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would talk to John Van Stelton at Focal Point. He can do whatever your lens needs–clean, polish, recoat. He does fantastic work. http://www.focalpointlens.com/fp_intro.html

Richard Wasserman

http://www.richardwasserman.net

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Done properly the lens will have value again. It's worth getting a quote from Lieca and Focal Point, or if outside the US Balham Optical, London, UK.

Ian

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Can anyone tell me how much the lens worth in this state ?
    how much could I get for it?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    By the serial number it's a screw mount lens. The reference I have at hand says it's RR.
    That means it's worth quite a few bucks after it's cleaned up. What it means today & to you is how much do you want to spend to fix it & are you going to keep is or sell it?
    An M mount version is worth around $1k +/- This I would think would go for $1.5-2k. maybe more. Collectors can be unreasonable when they get the "I wants it & you can't have it" mode.
    The source I use uses R=rare, RR=very rare and RRR=extremely rare.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
    By the serial number it's a screw mount lens. The reference I have at hand says it's RR.
    That means it's worth quite a few bucks after it's cleaned up. What it means today & to you is how much do you want to spend to fix it & are you going to keep is or sell it?
    An M mount version is worth around $1k +/- This I would think would go for $1.5-2k. maybe more. Collectors can be unreasonable when they get the "I wants it & you can't have it" mode.
    The source I use uses R=rare, RR=very rare and RRR=extremely rare.
    This is an M mount lens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Antique and Classic Camera BLOG
    www.antiquecameras.net/blog.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mark1981 View Post
    Can anyone tell me how much the lens worth in this state ?
    how much could I get for it?
    Not many would be interested in buying it except at a low price because it's too difficult to guess just how bad the lens is and what it would cost to have it repaired/repolished, re-coated etc.

I had a quote from Balham Optical in London regarded by many as the leaders in this field and it was £100/$160 per lens surface, more if they have to dis-assemble thelens. Roger Hicks used them for a 50mm Summicron which needed the front element re-polished & coated and highly recommends them.

They work mainly for the film & television industries.

Ian
    Last edited by Ian Grant; 07-19-2010 at 08:13 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Another vote for Optical Instruments in Balham (as above). They've done superb work for me on old Leica lenses, at a very reasonable price. You should be aware though, that in order to keep prices down, they 'batch coat' lenses. So, if you're lucky and you get your lens in shortly before a batch is being done you'll get it back faster than if they've just done a batch (in which case you may have to wait a few months).

John

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin