Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,948   Posts: 1,557,865   Online: 829

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Boy, do I have it bad - all my cameras are older than me, maybe as old as my parents...

but then, what do I know, I'm only 15

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Proença, meu caro:

welcome to the overwhelming APUG disease, GAS.

Wait until you start looking at the Voigtlander lenses and how subtle they are at capturing different types of images.

Then it's off to the Zeiss glass and its superb colour handling.

And then: "to infinity. And beyond!"

Cheers
    Noons (Nuno Souto)
    Gallery here

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning, Proenca;

Yes, welcome to the Center for Photographic Addictions. All of us do seem to have problems in this realm; some of us to a greater degree than others. I admit that I do have a history of additictive tendancies, so the staff says that they do have hope for me still. (Little do they know.) Let's see; what is in the history? At one point I had 14 motorcycles. I still have 82 kites; single line, two line, and quad line. I have a "selection" of ham radio equipment to play with. Minolta made prime lenses for their manually focusing cameras in 27 different focal lengths; I have 21 of those focal lengths, many with more than one aperture size.

A warning to you, Proenca: While they say that this a center for treatment of our addictions, there is also the point that we get to see what others have done, and that there are so many other ways that we can go. No matter what happens, the treatment facility is a wonderful place to be.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hate is such a harsh word. Why not try something like "I have a deep disdain for APUG". But I have a feeling that what you are experiencing is not so much a dislike for us as much as it is a realization that you have a weakness for classic photography and what it stands for. This probably emanates from deep emotional scarring developed from years of torment suffered at the hands of parents and family members who would, at a moments notice and without provocation, abuse you with the family camera by making you stand with your female relatives and smile. I am certain that with a regimen of group therapy and professional counseling that we here at APUG anonymous can help you realize your weakness and allow yourself to be happy with who you are. On the plus side APUG and judicious camera purchases no matter how large or small will be substantially less than any psycho therapy you may attempt no matter how misguided.
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

Shooter
    35mm
    I tried counseling but ended up buying a Konica Auto S2 off of him. My addiction started with a yard sale find a Konica T4 with 50mm lens case and flash for $5.00. Then came more Hexanon lenses and Konica bodies. Then Nikon cameras with more lenses. Pentax followed and more lenses. A Konica MIOJ RF. Agfa Folder, Balda 35mm folder, Two Bronica MF cameras now a YashicaYK. RF. My wife shutters when she sees me on eBay.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Just reading over some old posts and was soooo relieved to find out I'm normal.....at least as normal as you guys!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Why be normal?

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sold my canon 7D in tuesday! Since I got hooked on APUG and RFF, I did indeed get some MF stuff. And did get a Hasselblad with zeiss glass! And an RZ67 II. And loads of film. Much of the gear from this very forum. But TUMS(tomorrow's unfortunate money situation) has recently relieved the GAS.
    -----------------------

Segedi.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jeff - what is normal? 50mm? 80mm?
    -----------------------

Segedi.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That is quite a cash vacuum you have created for the purposes of having a paperweight. Why not just sell the stuff you don't use? The less you shoot something, the fewer great prints you make with it, and the less money you make with it, the more expensive it is per unit of productivity.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin