Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,928   Posts: 1,522,163   Online: 1023

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    II never bought a digital camera and have no intention of, but I do have three digital light meters that I really like
    Ben

Falkland Islands: not any more now I'm in Lincolnshire UK
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    For my real pictures I use either a Mamiya RB67 or a Fuji GW690. But I can't stop myself! In the last three months I have bought a Bessa R2S (new), a Canon P and a Kiev 2. Why oh why?

Shooter
    35mm RF

Digital for what?

I Shoot in film by personal choice - for my personal work (or special professional productions): film, for clients: digital - and they love the results.

But all is a gratification question, how we feel the process. And for these approaching i need to shoot with RF cameras - like mine Leica M6 and Konica Hexar RF.

Long live film!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    II never bought a digital camera and have no intention of, but I do have three digital light meters that I really like
    A digital lightmeter is a 1 pixel digital camera ?

Paul

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In view of Sirus Glass's perceptive comments I recommend you buy a Nikon 35mm camera, a couple or all of the ZF.2 Zeiss lenses and then rather than buying a MF camera, save money and buy a 5x4 camera instead with three "international" film backs: 6x7 (for portraiture), 6x9 (for landscape) and 6x12 for authentic panoramas and half a dozen DDs's (double dark slides) for making 5x4 transparencies using Velvia 50 (also known as Redvia, to those in the know...)

Only when you've drooled over a 5x4 trannie can you really appreciate why digital is just soooooo uncool.

Now for some lenses to drool over....

Last edited by Thingy; 04-21-2011 at 09:25 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    The Thing

Portfolio

Film Cameras currently used:
    Large/Stort-format: Ebony 45SU (field camera), Medium/Medlem-format: Mamiya 7, Hasselblad 503CW
    35mm/Små format: Nikon: F4, D800 (yes digital, I know)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin